Sunday, March 30, 2008

William marches on

The back of Sweet William is all done!

















The stitch pattern, an elongated 2-stitch cable over 6 rows, is quite striking en masse - it almost has a smocked effect:

The front is all cast on and in progress, with a good few inches in already. This bad boy should be ready for its debut definitely before the weather - given our winter that just doesn't want to give up the ghost - allows.

Speaking of the winter-that-won't-end, I had, after its successful debut last week, put Jack in the cedar chest for the season. Still, I couldn't resist bringing it out on Saturday for one more wear. I really love this sweater and fully imagine absolutely living in it next winter. I'm really happy with the way it fits and so glad that the pattern modifications I made (making it a smidge smaller than the size small) made it a little less mid-90s style boxy. The whole sweater, given the yarn and the various stitch patterns/cables, is so cuddly. Whoever named this yarn Cocoon at Rowan definitely got it right!

Who knows...maybe, with temps forecast in the 30s, I might just wear Jack one more time on Tuesday. I usually don't wear anything this much in such a short time span, but this sweater is a very special case indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.