Sunday, March 16, 2008

Is spring...well, um, springing?

Without a doubt, there are signs outdoors that suggest that spring is right around the corner:
1. There have been a few days this past week above 50 degrees
2. It hasn't snowed in a while
3. The huge ice valleys in our alley/garage access have finally melted away (they were so deep not too long ago that poor Harry, our Civic Hybrid, got stuck in one and our neighbors had to help push it out!)

I thought it only fair to have a few signs of spring indoors, as well:
1. Cheery potted primroses - given to me by a very sweet customer who was particularly grateful for my one-on-one help as she navigates her first Hanne Falkenberg design. They are atop my bedside table and their lovely, warm color does the soul good.


2. The felted Easter Egg stitch markers have come out of storage and even manage to make wooly Jack look a bit springier.


Aren't they adorable? I don't really need stitch markers any longer on Jack, but I've really gotten into decorating my knitting for the seasons with stitch markers ever since Christmas, when I bought all of my co-workers stitch markers from Etsy seller SeeJayneKnit based on their other hobbies/interests (e.g. footballs, coffee beans, butterflies, etc.). These are made from Jelby, a two sister team who also sell very cute things on Etsy (when I bought these a while ago, I actually also got some with violets on them, as well as a set with little sheep, one of which she has on her banner. I mean, c'mon - felt, sheep, knitting accessories. This purchase was an absolute no-brainer).

Jack, by the way, is almost complete The sleeves were finished this morning, and I'll be adding the rather large neck today. Just a quick seam-up and this one will be ready. I think, too, that I'll be able to wear it once yet this winter as snow flurries are back in the forecast in a few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those stitch markers are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh... and thanks again for the extra hug *hug hug hug*