Saturday, March 1, 2008

Progress report

My general wish to remain as cozy as possible, aided by a pretty crappy week at work resulted in lots of continued cocooning and knitting. My little enclave has been pretty hard to leave each day, that's for sure! Sweet William has indeed grown:












Thankfully, there hasn't been a repeat of sleep knitting! It really is a fun little pattern of a 6-row repeat, ending up in sort of a smocked look:














Groovy. What isn't groovy is that Rowan has changed, rather significantly, the fiber content of Calmer. What was once 80% cotton/20% acrylic is now much acrylic with, gasp, elastic. It is so different and stretchy! I'm glad I got it last year 'cause I'm not too sure about the new content - it really feels like an entirely different yarn.

I also picked up Jack again and have been cabling happily on the first sleeve. Again, this yarn and color just is almost impossible to photograph well, so my apologies for the downright bad snap:




In person, though, it really is lovely and is going to be one comfy sweater!


Sad to say, but that's all the knitting news that's fit to print!





No comments: