Sunday, February 3, 2008

Warmer Weather

I love winter...love the snow, don't really mind the cold (although I could probably pass on when the wind is howling out of the north, letting the wind chills bottom out), and I love winter weather knitting. But, it is this time of the year that my thoughts do turn to lighter fare and the annual spring sweater. It certainly doesn't help that we received the new spring yarns and patterns from Rowan at the shop this week - very pretty indeed! Rowan has been, over the years, the one company that I can usually turn to to find something to knit...although I'm more than grateful that the designs featured in the magazine have gone back to the more classic Rowan look.


With some of my Christmas Cash, I scored Rowan's new pattern collection for their new organic cotton yarn, purelife. The yarn itself is luscious and - especially for a cotton - feels wonderful in the hand. The colors are ice cream-y pastels, but I'm still blissfully de-stashing (it feels so good to be slowly working through those bins in our spare room!). I do have a quantity of Calmer in cork, a tobacco brown color that would work quite nicely for the adorable, textured pullover "Sweet William" (sorry for the photo - the collection is so new, I couldn't get a photo even from Rowan's website!):













But, I also had in mind Nicky Epstein's Berry Cluster Pullover. Earmarked in the stash for this project is Blue Sky Alpaca in rich eggplant and I have pearly beads for the berry clusters:




Decisions...decisions....can't make up my mind. Your thoughts? Cast your vote on the poll over on the right!









1 comment:

Kris said...

I like both sweaters, but I would be afraid of the alpaca being to saggy by the end of the day.