Sunday, February 10, 2008

And the winner is...

well, it was a tie. Not exactly a heated election (but, heck, I got 3 more votes that I thought I would :-), but my spring sweater will be Sweet William simply because I was secretly rooting for it and swatched it up way back on Monday. Yup, I'm a cheater.

mmmm...Calmer on Colonial Rosewood needles. It's like dark chocolate.

I count Calmer among my "desert island yarns" but I actually haven't ever knitted anything in it. It's the name - it just sounds so delightful, doesn't it? - the colors are beautifully rich and it just feels so delicious.

So, after I'm done with the Jack cabled pullover (I'm cruising on up the front to the neck, with the sleeves yet to go), I'll get started on William. Hmmmm...two boy name sweaters in a row? What are the odds? I'm going to have to change the name of the sweater not because it is another boy name, but my first spouse's name was William and I don't want to have any bad juju associated with this pretty sweater. Any suggestions?

In other knitting news, I finished the cutting and lengthening of the sleeves on Teahouse. I'm so glad I did this, as I wore the eternally-putzed-on High Neck Cable sweater yesterday to work and it feels so much more comfortable now that those sleeves are also 1" longer. I haven't worn Teahouse much since making it last fall, but I think now that I just feel better in it, it will see more daylight!
Can you tell where I cut and started to knit down toward the cuff? I can't! As I mentioned in a previous post, all of this putzing has resulted in the development of a new class I'm going to offer at Ruhama's this spring entitled Knit Fix - I think we'll cover how/when to tink, how/when/different methods to frogging, picking up dropped or fixing twisted stitches several rows down, adding length or changing pre-existing edges (of course!), plus fixing mis-crossed cables without ripping all the way back! Any other topics?
Speaking of boys, my DH is getting a promotion today from me. We had an impromptu Valentine's Day gift exchange after work yesterday and he took my hint beautifully and presented me with the Stardust DVD. It's just the thing I need now as a special treat after working like a dawg at our sale and with football season being over. The movie just makes me happy and I soooooooooo need that right now.

The other reason DH is getting a promotion is that he tidied up the bathroom yesterday afternoon while I was at work. He knows how I detest going any longer than a week between cleaning and, with the big sale and all this weekend, my schedule was all screwed up and it was going to be some 10 days between bathroom scrubbings. As I was getting ready to shower this morning, I noticed how sparkly the tub was and figured out that he had cleaned the bathroom without a single hint from me. That also makes me happy. So, from here on out, DH will now officially be BH - Beloved Husband - rise and be recognized (can you tell The Tudors is in my Netflix queue?).

No comments: