Sunday, November 18, 2007

What I can accomplish in 20 minutes

After making fine progress on sleeve #2 of the High Neck Cable and of the last diamond patch mitten this week, I thought I'd move poor, neglected Stevie along. I thought that finishing the back was absolutely within the realm of possibility this afternoon. So, I picked it up, worked a few rows and decided I just wanted to check the armhole and overall measurement:














A mere 20 minutes later, in the hands of this fickle knitter, the nearly complete back of poor Stevie was reduced to this:


I just didn't love it. The fact that over a week would go by without me wanting to knit it should have told me something. Don't get me wrong, I love the yarn...heck, I love the pattern. I just didn't love the two of them together. So, out it came...life's too short to knit things you just don't love, right?


I feel better now, a little sad, but better - like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I'll just focus all of my energies (like I should have all along...drat those knitting muses striking me down again after breaking my own "one project at a time" mantra) on cranking out the High Neck Cable and - finally - the last mitten. I'm actually getting the needlepoint bug again - perhaps I'll do a canvas during my early a.m. time for a change of pace??? But, all of my lovely sock yarn is still calling my name!

No comments: