Sunday, November 11, 2007

What a difference a week makes

A complete 180 degree turn-around from how things are going and how I feel about the world...it's all good. As I'm rather anxious to get back to my weekend of knitting, cuddling, and watching football, just a shortie update on the knitting progress.


The High Neck Cable sweater is chugging right along. The body (knit in the round) up to the armholes and one sleeve awaiting joining to said body are complete:

I'm really looking forward to wearing this as it is going to go very well with just about everything in my fall/winter wardrobe!


I've also completed one of the diamond patch mittens and gotten over 1/2 done with the second. No photos yet...best to wait 'til they are both done for maximum impact! The first one, though, is pretty neat to look at and it won't be long until I'll need to wear them.

After a taking a bit of a pause, I've picked up the new sweater project today: Stevie from Rowan's Cork collection, knit in their new and ultimately snuggly yarn, Coccoon:



This is the project I finally settled on after my brief, but albeit unsuccessful attempt at copying the Audrey cable sweater from Athleta a few weeks back! Knit on size 10.5 needles, this is going so quickly! And I thought knitting the High Neck Cable on size 7 needles was speedy...but then again, my mittens are done on size 0!

Ok...I'm done...back to my chair, and football, and knitting!




1 comment:

PaulaRed said...

I love the high neck cable...but I also like the tangled yoke, I think it looks great. Can't wait to see the "henley" version though....