Thursday, January 10, 2008

No good reason

I haven't been quite in the mood to blog lately and there's not really a specific reason. To be honest, there hasn't been a whole heckuva much to blog about! Plus, my new sweater project doesn't really photograph well - it is knit in a lovely charcoal heather color in Rowan's Cocoon and, given the rather long string of overcast days we've had, I haven't had good enough lighting to catch the cables. I'm trying very hard not to fret about the cable pattern showing up so subtley - the sweater in this ancient Rowan Tweed Collection by Kim Hargreaves was knit in a natural (see, it is so ancient that I couldn't find an image of it on the Internets!). And, the whole point of this sweater was to knit something:
1. Using Cocoon in this colorway
2. Cabled
3. Cuddly

It meets all 3 requirements just fine.
This picture still doesn't do it justice, but at least you can get a sense of it.

Please note pretty stitch markers. My latest obsession. Feeling oddly compelled to match stitch markers not only to the season (I had Christmas tree light ones in December) but to the project itself. I purchased these among other holiday gift stitch markers for my co-workers from SeeJayneKnits on Etsy (evil thing that it is).

I did get an answer back from the author re: my Selbuvotter finger snafu via a Ravelry message. The chart was, in fact, off but her instructions - both in the book and in her email - were rather vague. There's a lot of "just go with the flow", "if it is off a stitch or two, don't worry..." I'm sorry, but this just isn't the type of knitter I am. It has to be right. So, this week, I took matters into my own hands and grabbed my trusty pad of knitter's graph paper and charted everything out myself. It'll be just fine, but I'm sad to report that the bubble is off the glove-love wine. Her mitten pattern do look a bit less prone to "interpretation". Perhaps after I complete the gloves, I'll just do a pair of mittens or two. The two-color knitting is still very satisfying, and the patterning on the hand is divine. I'll just revel in that and forget that some knitters are ok with a fudge here and there. It's just not me, that's all.

Well, back to it I go - I'm spending my regular day off this week a little under the weather (trying desperately to fight off an upper respiratory thing). So, the rest of the day will be spent in the pjs, knitting, and watching The Game Show Network's broadcast of '60s and '70s vintage game shows such as Password with Alan Ludden, Match Game '75, etc. Now that's what I call quintessential sick day entertainment.

See, with all of this excitement going on, do you blame me for not blogging for a while ;->

No comments: