Sunday, July 27, 2008

In the midst of everything

This week involved changing...oh, about 90% of my life! (or so it seems). All good, but change nonetheless. And, with so much change, I was downright exhausted after each day.

Shockingly, though, there was a bit of knitting going on! I did manage to finish one of my Baby Cable Rib sox. It's amazing how quickly they do go when knitting with sport weight yarn. The color is really delightful although it is definitely blue-ish...in my mind, peridot is green but, hey, I'm not complaining.


Instead of a regular stockinette heel, I dialed up one of my favorite slip stitch patterns - Eye of Partridge. I think it complements the delicate cable quite nicely.


I also picked out and started my fall sweater project: the Circles and Bobbles sweater from Kristin Knits! I'm modifying the pattern slightly to make the sleeves closer at the wrist and I'm omitting the somewhat goofy pom-poms and drawstring at the neckline. I'm almost finished with the circle section and - with all of Kristin Nicholas' patterns - the design and colors make it a fun knit!


Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap!

No comments: