Sunday, June 15, 2008

What I meant was...

My oh-so-dreamy Dream In Color is actually Cloud Jungle! No matter the color, this yarn is divine and all the hype is well-deserved.

I started the On-Your-Toes socks by Ann Budd from last summer's Interweave Knits this week. Don't get me wrong, Interweave Knits is by far my most favorite knitting mag and I think Ann Budd is wonderful. However, the directions for the cast-on seem to be missing a few critical points. I even turned to the Innernets to see what other knitters did...there was no shortage of similar complaints, but very little in the way of clarification! I had to futz and putz with it to actually make it work and - after a few choice words during several failed attempts - I got it. When I cast on for the second sock, I think I'm actually going to photograph it and post it so there will be something out there.


I was so tempted to just chuck the indicated cast on and use a trusty provisional one I've used for toe-up socks before. But, as this is for a class I'm teaching later this summer, I thought it best to work out all the kinks in the pattern beforehand. Glad I did - the results were well worth the fleeting frustration!

No comments: